The Puppet Press
162 Strawberry Hill Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851-5936
Guidelines for Submitting Manuscript
- You must have completed the work you’re sending us. No proposals or works-in-progress. You must hold the rights to your work.
- We prefer communicating via email. You must have a working email address and check it once in a while.
- We prefer submissions via email ([email protected]). You can compress the file (zip it) if you like, but use a standard zipping tool such as WinZip. If it is too large to email, you can mail it on diskette, either a standard floppy or on a zip disk – but formatted for PCs ONLY. Disks will not be returned.
- Send your submission only in MS Word (97 or below), rtf, or html if unable to provide MS Word. Use a standard font such as Times New Roman. Don’t send it in text or PDF and don’t use fancy formats. Submit the manuscript as one document. Give your document the same title (abbreviated in a way that makes sense if necessary) as the book; don’t call it “Novel.doc” or “Book.doc.”
- You can send us your manuscript in printed format if for some reason you must, but it will not be returned. If you don’t include submission information as outlined below and a way for us to contact you via email, we’ll just hand the document to Ginger, our file clerk in charge of dealing with stuff we don’t want to deal with.
- Do not send us material that’s simultaneously submitted to a zillion other publishers. We’ll try to respond within three months, but that becomes impossible if we waste our time reading material that later gets pulled because another publisher accepted it.
- Make sure your manuscript is edited and polished. A manuscript full of errors might be rejected simply because it means we have to do too much extra work to get it ready for publication. Use your computer’s spelling and grammar checker, buy a dictionary, consult reference books like Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style available online or in any bookstore or library.
- Non-fiction works must show notes and references within brackets beginning immediately after the reference: blah blah blah [1. Footnote reference etc.] more words.
- Send the submission as an attachment to an email. Every submission must include your full name, pseudonym if used, address and a brief synopsis outlining the manuscript’s style, subject, content, or genre and intended audience (make us WANT to read your submission). The email address for submissions is [email protected]